– Be part of a team creating an exceptional guest experience
– New hotel resort complex
– Casual Role
Support the chefs in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and restaurant whilst giving excellent customer service.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and friendly individual to who will fulfil this role in accordance with the Sebel philosophy and values.
– Assist in the kitchen by completing food preparation tasks such as organising the refrigerator, chopping vegetables or preparing sauces and marinades.
– Maintain all appliances and cooking equipment by making sure they are properly used and in full working order; carry out minor repairs where necessary.
– Maintain the order and cleanliness of the kitchen meeting Government and Sebel sanitation standards; ensure all dishes are adequately sanitised by maintaining required water temperature and chemical levels.
– Clean and set tables and place seasonal decorations, candles, and tablecloths; clear tables and prepare them for the next customers; stock attendant serving stations with napkins, utensils, trays, and condiments, and assisting the attendants with all aspects of service.
– Assist in cleaning such as sweeping, mopping and polishing the restaurant and bar and help carry out opening or closing tasks.
– Continually provide efficient, friendly and professional services to all guests.
– Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role, preferably within the hospitality industry.
– Profound knowledge of foodborne illnesses, prevention and sanitization.
– Operational knowledge of a dining room set up as well as some familiarity with food and beverage service.
– Solid understanding of norms and guidelines as prescribed by the federal food agency with the ability to obtain any necessary licences and certifications such as Food Safety.
– Ability to stand for long hours and lift heavy items.
– You will be required to have full availability including working weekdays, weekends and evening shifts.
– Demonstrate an ability to work as a team player or autonomously to achieve results supported by initiative and self-motivation.
– Sound time management and ability to manage varied and conflicting demands to agreed standards and timeliness.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of people
This is an ideal time to use your drive, passion and experience in a new role and become a valued member of the Bozzo Group as it embarks on a new adventure.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
If this role interests you, please complete the Application Form and provide a one-page application letter addressing the criteria outlined in this advertisement plus a copy of your resume by close of business 30 March 2020.