– Be part of a team creating an exceptional experience for guests
– New hotel resort complex
– Full time and casual roles available
Assist with leading and taking responsibility for cost effective management of the kitchen, oversight of food preparation and manage menu production and implementation.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to who will fulfil this role in accordance with the Sebel philosophy and values.
– You will need to have the ability to run your own section of the kitchen
– Work with others and coordinate the preparation and production of food as required
– Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair, within the cost margins specified by the hotel
– Ensure stock rotation and minimum wastage,
– Meet and where possible exceed expectations, enabling the food & beverage operation of the hotel to be recognised as a purveyor of consistent, quality and value for money cuisine; treating all guests, colleagues and customers with respect, sensitivity and transparency.
– Liaise with the restaurant and bar manager / supervisors / staff as required.
– Continually provide efficient, friendly and professional services to all guests.
– Experience in a hotel environment is preferable but not essential.
– A genuine passion for food with attention to detail with presentation.
– Trade qualifications and previous experience in a similar role. Preferably Certificate III.
– A customer service focus, with the ability to surprise and delight our guests with innovative and stylish food.
– An ability to think on your feet and multi task, adapting food to meet guest requirements.
– Leadership ability, with previous experience mentoring apprentices in the kitchen.
– Excellent presentation and communication skills.
– Availability to work varied shifts, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and public holidays.
– The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
– The ability to work in accordance with Food Safety and complying with legislative requirements pertaining to food preparation and handling.
– You will be required to have full availability including working weekdays, weekends and evening shifts.
– Physical fitness to undertake the role.
– Demonstrate an ability to work as a team player or autonomously to achieve results supported by initiative and self-motivation.
– Sound time management and ability to manage varied and conflicting demands to agreed standards and timeliness.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of people
This is an ideal time to use your drive, passion and experience in a new role and become a valued member of the Bozzo Group as it embarks on a new adventure.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
If this role interests you, please complete the Application Form and provide a one-page application letter addressing the criteria outlined in this advertisement plus a copy of your resume.