– Be part of a team creating an exceptional guest experience
– New hotel resort complex
– Permanent Part Time role
We are currently seeking an experienced and talented Barista with a can-do attitude, who thrives under pressure and has fantastic customer service skills to join our team.
- Provide efficient, friendly and professional services to all guests; lead by example when attending to guest requests by constantly striving to provide Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Preparation of hot drinks
- Grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea.
- Carry out the service of food and beverage within the restaurant, bar, room service and conferencing area; greet incoming customers, explain menu offerings, take orders, deliver food and drinks, process payments.
- Clean and maintain the coffee machine
- Clean and maintain all outlets, work areas, tableware, utensils and other materials and equipment used by restaurant, bar, room service and conference areas; follow all food and safety regulations.
- Work closely with management within the Food and Beverage Department to achieve high quality service, presentation and delivery to all guests.
- Follow hygienic food and beverage handling procedures; adhere to responsible service of alcohol and licensing provisions and standards at all times.
- Comply with all workplace health and safety (WH&S) policies and procedures.
- Advise the manager when a learning and development gap prevents achieving performance and/or behaviour standards required for the role; ensure a thorough and ongoing understanding of the policies, procedures and manuals as updates occur.
- Maintain and encourage in others a professional image of the Company at all times – e.g.: personal presentation, communication, phone, email, work area, documentation, punctuality.
- Develop and/or maintain functional relationships and facilitate effective communication with management, staff and clients or any other person or group necessary to conduct the functions and responsibilities successfully.
- Be flexible in undertaking workplace tasks. It is expected you will be flexible in your response if directed to work and support activities across service areas other than your substantive position as and when the need arises.
- Report in a timely manner and proactively address breaches in service delivery; progress timely corrective action and/or escalate issues where breaches occur.
- Perform work in accordance with relevant legislation and quality standards; fostering and promoting commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures and quality assurance and actively participate in team meetings to discuss and monitor workflows, deadlines and deliverables.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Barista experience
- Exceptional knowledge of making all types of espresso coffee.
- Efficient, high-quality coffee production including consistent latte art.
- RSA and Food Safety Certificate essential.
- A current national Police Check – renewed every three years
- Demonstrated passion for customer service.
- Physical fitness to undertake the manual labour associated with the role.
- Must be a permanent resident of Australia or be an Australian citizen / Legal entitlement to work in Australia; hold a current and clean driver’s licence and have own transport.
- Proven ability to comply with safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) legislative and company requirements.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve issues with employees and/or co-workers, clients, partners, suppliers and management at all levels.
- Sound time management skills and excellent attention to detail supported by ability to manage varied and conflicting demands to agreed standards and timeliness.
- A demonstrated ability to accept responsibility; work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team; willingness to take direction; and accept constructive feedback.
- Self-motivated, passionate, civil, proactive, positive attitude; reliable and punctual with a high level of integrity; and a sound understanding of appropriate behaviours in the workplace.
- A preparedness to learn and adopt new technology, work practices, systems and procedures; underpinned by sound technical competence.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
If this role interests you, please complete the Application Form and provide a one-page application letter addressing the criteria outlined in this advertisement plus a copy of your resume.